POPSUGAR. Fitness - Why you don't need a gym!
When I calculate the hours in my day, it leaves me a small 30 minutes window to work out early in the morning before the house wakes. Well, now that we have a puppy it's typically just he and I in the cold garage and he's barking to the rhythm of my burpees and ab twists. Super helpful. My husband and I decided we would rather just park the cars outside the garage to build a at-home gym that was open 24/7. No excuses. Well, rarely (insert rolling of the eyes due to long work day and just wanting beer). We laid down some foam mats, hung a punching bag, situated a treadmill, resistance bands and a small shelving unit for weights and other equipment such as jump ropes, gloves, bands and HAND SANI!! Because....gross sweat.
When I initially began my at-home workouts, it was REALLY TOUGH. No one barking orders, pushing me, and telling me to keep going. It was all in my head. And to be honest....5:30am work outs when it's just YOU motivating YOU is like....really really hard. And exhausting, when you're already tired. So I gave up easily. UNTIL, I discovered POPSUGAR FITNESS! Example circuit:
And thus my obsession began. POPSUGAR FITNESS offers tons of PRINTABLE circuit work outs. So easy to follow at home, gets the sweat beading and the heart rate pumping. I love a good organized work out where I get into a rhythm. I find myself getting to that last rep and surprised that I've hit the end! Sometimes I don't even want it to end! This is where I spend about 5 minutes dancing like a ridiculous idiot and breathing in all the joy I feel after a good sweat sesh!
Don't have the garage space? No worries! All you need:
- a print out of your target circuit workout or have a iPad/smart phone to view from - search their site for "printable circuit" and you'll get TONS of options
- a pair of 5 lb weights and 10-12 lb weights if you want to push yourself
- a killer work out playlist - you can hit up our Spotify play lists for some good jams that'll make you dance while you werk it
- a flat surface or mat is helpful
- (maybe a work out buddy who also needs the push, even if it's just a early morning text or phone call to tell them to WAKE UP!)
Lastly, download POPSUGAR Active in the iTunes app store for one heck of a fun app that will help get your health in check!